Welcome to my humble attempts at documenting the simplicities of my Real Life.

The journey is 365 days.

The purpose is to be reminded that the most important things in life are often the most simple.

My hope is to get back to basics and remember all my blessings; to never be at a loss of things to be thankful for; to sometimes not need words. This is my journal of these things.


Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 201

You know how sometimes things don't work out the way you planned?


Baking Easter cookies with Jilly was one of those things. I thought we were on the same page when I gave her cookie dough and told her to cut out the flowers. She did a fantastic job. When I went to take the flowers and put them on the cookie sheet though, this is what happened:





She leaned over to protect her dough and started screaming and crying "FLOWERS! No, Jilly's flowers!" Needless to say, we didn't make quite as many cookies as I thought we were going to, but she had a great time after we came to the understanding that I wouldn't touch her flowers. She played with that dough all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment