This is just some of the canning that has taken place. Blackberry applesauce and plain applesauce.
It has been a very, very busy week around our house. One of the things I love about this time of year is the abundance of produce at its peak. Growing up, we always did so much canning and preserving to use up the large amounts of free produce. Also, since we were such a big family, we had to can in massive amounts. I still love the idea of preserving the fruits and veggies for the coming winter months. However, one thing I have had to learn is to do it in smaller quantities. =) Looking in the pantry, Craig has told me numerous times that we "need to eat more pickles." Well, here we are adding to the stockpile with free produce again. This year we received a stockpile of blackberries, apples, and zucchini. So, to add to the pickles we have two kinds of applesauce, LOTS of blackberry jelly, and sweet zucchini relish. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment