Welcome to my humble attempts at documenting the simplicities of my Real Life.

The journey is 365 days.

The purpose is to be reminded that the most important things in life are often the most simple.

My hope is to get back to basics and remember all my blessings; to never be at a loss of things to be thankful for; to sometimes not need words. This is my journal of these things.


Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 362


Jilly has informed me, that for Halloween, she would like to be a "pwincess." She is currently obsessed with princess. And while I'm wondering where I went wrong in raising my child (whose favorite color also happens to be purple), I decided to give in and let her be a princess. (Not before trying to talk her into a number of other things first though.)


In trying to figure out from her "what makes a princess?" the only thing that continuously comes up, is that "princesses wear a dress." If this is the case, I saw no need to pay lots of money for a poorly made princess costume that she would wear once. Instead, I bought a red "princess dress" that can also be worn for Christmas. She will never know the difference....unless she ever reads this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment